We aim to provide the highest standards of service at all times. However, we recognisethat occasionally a client may feel that the service levels we have offered do not meet these standards and we are committed to resolve any resultant complaint speedily and effectively.
We operate the following procedure should a complaint be received:
- Any complaint about our service quality should be made in writing to Hilary Griffin at Hilary@hgmediate.co.uk.
- Hilary will contact the complainant to acknowledge receipt of the complaint within 5 working days with an indication of how long it will take to send a detailed response.
- It is our intention to give a written response within 14 days of the receipt of the complaint, although occasionally we may need longer but will notify the complainant of this in our initial acknowledgment letter.
- This complaints procedure will take into account the confidentiality provisions contained in the Mediation Agreement signed by and binding upon all parties including the mediator.
- If the response is not accepted the complainant can appeal to the Civil Mediation Council (CMC) on certain grounds. The CMC operates a final stage complaints procedure, whereby it can consider complaints from those people who have exhausted a mediator’s own complaints procedures. Details of the CMC's appeal processes can be found here: https://civilmediation.org/for-the-public/complaints/